What are Sex Toys & How to Use Them?
Sex toys are specially designed to bring that extra loving into the bedroom, whether alone or with a partner these objects can for sure take pleasure to a different level. The vast variety of sex toys designed specifically for men as well as women gives couples the chance to explore their sexuality and their partner’s bodies in the most sensual way. Sex toys enhance intimate relationships and help achieve that big O with a lot of fun.
What are Sex Toys?
Pleasure toy is quite an appropriate term since it brings a lot of fun into vanilla sex. These are easy to use, clean and store. The shape design and intensity of sex toys are made keeping in mind the male and female bodies and what makes them weak in the knees. Using sexy toys are fairly easy, there are penetrating toys, non-penetrating toys, and accessories available for pleasure since the body has quite a few erogenous zones each one of them can be explored with toys.
Sex Toys are available in a range of vibrating and non-vibrating toys these can help add fun in masturbation as well as couple play. While most pleasure toys are unisex there are specially designed toys to please men and women individually as well.
What are The Different Types of Sex Toys?
There are several types of sex toys available online for men & women with different colour & material options.
Sex Toys for Men
While most people may believe that sex toys are primarily designed for women and maybe it started out that way, today, there is a vast collection of sex toys for male pleasure as well. Most toys like Masturbators & Fleshlights, Prostate massager, Penis Extender & Enlarger, Penis Sleeves, Sex Dolls & Urethral Sounding etc are men toys and are frequently enjoyed by LGBT too.
One of the popular types of male toys are fleshlights, mimicking the insides of a female vagina & sex dolls the look-alike for girls body. The silicone material, design and shape are made to cater to the needs of men. Masturbators are a fun sex accessory for your me-time.
2. Penis Rings
Another regularly bought and used sex toy is the penis ring, available in both vibrating and manual capacity these penis rings form vibrations that can cause immense pleasure & cure for premature ejaculation & poor erection.
3. Penis Sleeves
Penis sleeves help to increase penis size instantly after wearing it. Sleeve’s dotted material helps to create pleasure and it can be used as reusable condoms.
4. Extender & Enlarger Pumps
Penis pumps helps to increase penis size and gives immense sexual pleasure & Improves erection quality as well.
5. Prostate Massagers or Butt Plugs
Most men today irrespective of their orientation enjoy experimenting and exploring new avenues of pleasure. Prostate massager or butt plugs are used for men p-spot stimulation & anal pleasure.
Sex Toys for Women
Most women claim to have never experienced satisfying orgasms or one at all, toys for women range from vibrators, dildos, anal plugs, sex machine and more bringing a lot of joy to women helping them reach full sexual satisfaction and healthy relationships with oneself. Specific toys like G-spot vibrators or clitoral stimulators are the most satisfying sex toys for women. Most of the women sex toys do come in a phallus shape to mimic the male penis the visual aid proves to be quite sensual.
1. Vibrators and Dildos
2. Clitoral Stimulators and Massagers
No two people are the same, similarly what works for one might not for the other, a variety of sex toys for girls like clitoral stimulators or bullet vibrators helps in picking the erogenous zone that you’re most enjoy playing with.
3. Anal Pleasure
Love sex, ‘butt’ want something more? While it may be a widely known fact that most sex toys cater to women due to their phallus shape, look and feel there is a range of toys specially designed for anal pleasure. Butt plugs and glass dildos are among a few.
4. Sex Machine
This is the best masturbation device for women. One can try different sex positions and dildo sizes with this sex machine to enjoy alone time masturbation.
However, most of the toys are unisex and apart from specific male/women toys, most can be enjoyed by both of them and LGBT as well. Sex accessories like strap-ons, anal sex toys, couple games, and BDSM equipment’s like Bondage Kits are unisex and can be enjoyed if the preference calls for it.
How To Use Sex Toys?
All pleasure toys come with instructions of use and a label/manual for a better understanding of the product. using sex toys is extremely simple though it is important to understand that each and every product is different and so are their functionalities.
Whether you’re a beginner or an avid collector Adult toys and accessories are effective only when you use them correctly. Before purchasing a pleasure toy, make sure you do some research on the same beforehand. Read about the brand you choose and how the functionality of the particular product works, watch videos of the same products.
While penetrating toys are pretty straightforward to use and the back & forth motion is the primary function of each. The vibrating Toys(battery operated) will come with different intensities, speed, and functions, while the non-vibrating (manual function) dildos and massagers can be used according to one’s wishes.
Anal toys like prostate massagers & butt plugs can be used with the help of a water-based lubricant so as to avoid any discomfort and focus on pleasure.
Non-penetrating toys like clitoral stimulators, bondage accessories like handcuffs, gags, harnesses and pain products are understandable and flexible to use and can be fashioned tight or loose according to one’s comfort and fantasy.
Are Sex Toys Safe to Use? What are The Benefits & Drawbacks of Using Sex Toys?
Like any sexual aid knowing how to use them correctly is key, Sex toys will be effectively provided you choose the one that suits your needs, for example, if the clitoral play is the only thing that helps you an orgasm you can resort to using clitoral stimulators.
Remember these will be coming in contact with the most sensitive parts of your body that should be motivation enough to be careful of its use, wash and care.
The Best Ways to Make Sure Sex Toys are Safe to Use
- Be responsible and maintain hygiene, be sure to always keep all your sex toys and accessories clean, wash/pat/clean after every single use and always store separately in a dry place.
- Use a condom even on sex toys, even though you clean them regularly and thoroughly to ensure precaution it is best to always use a condom with penetrating toys especially when sharing one with a partner.
- Use materials that suit you and your partner and that none are allergic to. Silicone or glass toys are easy to use, usually suits one and all and are very easy to clean.
- The porous material is not the best idea as they can easily attract bacteria and cause infections upon use. Check if the toy has a water-resistant surface, nonporous sex toys are easy to maintain and have a longer shelf life.
What are The Benefits of Sex Toys?
- Pleasure toys encourage partners to indulge in conversations surrounding one’s fantasies and desires, not only does this enhance relationships but also boosts overall sexual wellness.
- Vanilla sex while fulfilling (or not at times) can turn monotonous very easily, enjoy pleasure and healthy sex life when you add something unique and fun in the mix.
- One of the benefits that Sex toys bring to an individual’s life is that they enhance masturbation experience and help you take charge of your sexual needs, they are also known to help attain better and reach satisfactory orgasms
- This benefit is more inclined towards women as One cannot get pregnant using a pleasure toy, so enjoy away worry-free.
What are The Drawbacks of Adult Toys?
- One can get addicted to these sex products, regular use may cause an unusual attachment to the toy.
- Using too many vibrating toys can cause sensitive areas to numb, sensual sensations such as fingers or hands might not do the trick if certain areas like the clitoris or shaft of the penis are exposed to intense vibrations.
- While for a quickie or masturbation toys are a boon the whole process of arousal and foreplay is cut down by a lot with a partner when including a toy, the time it takes to arouse oneself and partner as well as lubricate enough to enjoy what comes next this experience is taken away by vibrating toys
What Precautions Should You Take While Using Sex Toys?
- Indulge in pleasure toys for better and healthier sex life but before doing so understand sex toys safety whether used for masturbation or couple play.
- Always use condoms. It helps maintain the cleanliness of the product as well as longevity and also saves from bacteria and infections.
- Use a sex toy with a partner only with their consent and replace the used condom with a new one before switching between vaginal and anal sex or especially when sharing it with your partner. Taking necessary precautions not only ensures your safety but also shields you and your partner from STDs and infections.
How Should You Buy Toys for Sex?
If you are a beginner it is recommended to start small, whether you are looking to enhance your alone time or add something special to your partner play. Start with something like a massager and explore your body with it instead of instantly going for a penetration device. Do not be overwhelmed in the beginning, start with a smaller size dildos or vibrators and see how that works for you.
once you have explored the intensities and functioning of the toys and your skin becomes accustomed to the touch, feel and vibrations you can go ahead and invest in something stronger. Starting out with non-vibrating toys is a good idea as the speed, intensity and power play is still in your control.
How to Clean Sex Toys?
- Storage and cleanliness play a very important role in maintaining the longevity of sex toys and of course keeping at bay any infections or diseases.
- Carefully clean each toy separately depending upon their material, clean them after every single use and wipe them down before sharing (in case you are not using a condom).
- Remove the battery from all-electric or automated toys before cleaning and wipe them down with warm soapy water (do not submerge battery-operated toys in water unless they disassemble and can be cleaned separately).
- As for non-vibrating toys like the dildo, ben wa balls, penis rings you can always gently soak them in mild soapy water and clean them out. Silicone toys can be boiled in water to kill germs and bacteria.
- Remember to store each toy or accessory separately, covered or packed so as to avoid dust particulates to accumulate, especially if you have invested in porous materials (best to avoid porous materials and invest in water-resistant toys).